Firstly, I am cross posting this across what seems like half of the internet. Therefore, if this is the second or third time you are reading this then please accept my apologies.
I am a Scottish writer who has had some success in the British small press and self-publishing world. I am looking to put together a submission package aimed at getting a superhero one shot/graphic novel picked up at professional publisher.
The deal I am offering is to pay an artist to produce between 5-8 pages of the script a mock cover. Once we have agreed upon a price for the work and a time scale, and you have mocked up a few character designs to show we are on the same page I will pay 50% of the agreed amount. Once you complete the pages to my satisfaction, I will pay the remainder and this will end your involvement with the project. You will receive payment in full regardless of what happens next.
If however the company we are pitching to agree to pick up the book then you would complete the book for a 50% split of any profits made from the back end of the deal. At this point, you would also receive co-creator status and everything that entails.
However, I would like to note that I have a strong idea in mind of both how I want the book to look and the sort of collaborator I am looking for. With that in mind, please note the following:
· You must speak English. It does not have to be your first language you just have to be fluid enough to avoid the book getting lost in translation.
· No one with a typically super hero artistic style. I am looking for something outside of the genre cliché; in fact, the story pretty much demands it.
· Only send samples of your sequential work, as it is much harder to gauge artist strength from pin-ups etc.
· You should not be easily offended. While the work is not particularly “Preacher esq.” it does have a certain Vertigo flair to it.
· Ideally, I am looking for a collaborator. I would rather someone I could work with instead of an employee.
· No CV’s etc. I am looking for an artist and previous experience is irrelevant as long as they are hungry and willing to create.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and reply. If you want further information then get in touch and I will try to answer you as best I can.
Moderators etc. please accept my apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place, my intentions where not to upset people.